There are many tattoo shops out there, and each one has a different focus. Some shops specialize in certain styles, while others may have a more traditional approach. Here is a list of the different types of tattoo shops you might come across.
- Realistic Tattoo Shops : These shops specialize in realistic tattoos. These are usually larger designs that look like they could be real life photographs. The artists here are usually very skilled and have a lot of experience. Jose Torres Tattoo Shop is an excellent example of a realistic tattoo shop.
- Traditional Tattoo Shops – These are the most common type of tattoo shop. They will have a wide range of designs and styles to choose from. The artists here usually have a lot of experience and can do any type of tattoo you want.
- Japanese Tattoo Shops – These shops specialize in Japanese-style tattoos. The designs are usually very large and cover a large body area. The tattoos here are usually very detailed and can be quite intricate.
- Neo-traditional Tattoo Shops – These shops have a more modern take on traditional tattooing. The designs here are usually less busy and have cleaner lines. The artists here tend to be more creative and often experiment with new styles and techniques.
- Blackwork Tattoo Shops -These shops specialize in blackwork tattoos. These are usually small and simple designs that are done in black ink only. The artists here are extremely skilled and experienced.
- Chicano Tattoo Shops – These shops specialize in Chicano-style tattoos. These are usually brightly colored designs representing Mexico’s culture and heritage. You can expect the artists here to be very talented and have a lot of experience and be knowledgeable about Chicano culture.
- Biomechanical Tattoo Shops – These shops specialize in biomechanical tattoos. These are usually large and detailed designs that incorporate both mechanical and organic elements. The shops are popular with people who are into body modification.
- New School Tattoo Shops – These shops specialize in new school tattoos. These are usually brightly colored and have cartoon-like designs. The artists here are skilled and experienced. It is fad tattoos like these that come and go, so you should be aware that the design you choose may not be popular in a few years.
- Lettering Tattoo Shops – These shops specialize in lettering tattoos. These are usually small designs that consist of letters or words only. It is ideal for people who want a simple tattoo with a deep meaning.
- Portrait Tattoo Shops – These shops specialize in portrait tattoos. These are usually larger designs that feature a person’s face or someone important to them. They are usually very realistic and detailed.
There are many different types of tattoo shops out there. Each one has its own focus and specialty. When choosing a shop, it is important to find one that is experienced in the type of tattoo you want.