With so many options when it comes to the roofing material on your commercial building, choosing the right product can seem overwhelming. The type of roof that you choose is dependent on how you want your building to look and how much money you want to spend on your property’s greatest asset. Thankfully, this article provides information about materials that are commonly used for commercial roofs in Springfield, MO.
Springfield, MO, is a city in central Missouri that has a population of approximately 190,000. The city is also the hometown of former President Abraham Lincoln, who was born here in 1809. Springfield, MO, has a humid continental climate with hot summers and cold winters.
Due to its location near two rivers and three lakes, Springfield, MO, experiences frequent thunderstorms throughout the year. However, these storms do not typically cause much damage to residential roofs because they are too light and short-lived to produce hail or high winds.
Visit our website for more information regarding commercial roofing in Springfield, MO.
Several important factors to consider when choosing commercial roofing materials for your Springfield, MO business:
- Weatherproofing: A commercial roof needs to be watertight so that rainwater does not leak through it and damage any equipment or furniture below it. This means that you should look for a material that can withstand long periods of time without needing repair or replacement due to weather damage (such as hail). Some options include metal tiles made from aluminum or steel; these provide excellent protection against hail because they are extremely durable and can withstand impacts from small rocks without breaking them apart into smaller pieces that could blow away during high winds or heavy rains. However, they aren’t
- Price: The price of a new roof will vary widely depending on what you choose. You can get a typical asphalt shingle for about $3 or $4 per square foot, but if you want something more durable and long-lasting, you might have to pay upwards of $7 per square foot. Some materials like metal or tile may cost even more—but they also tend to be more durable than other options.
You want the best value for your dollar, but you also want to make sure that the material you choose will last as long as possible. If you’re getting a loan or financing, it’s also important to look at how much interest rate increases could affect your bottom line over time.
- Durability: How long will your roof last? If it’s just a few years before it needs replacing again, then maybe paying more upfront isn’t worth it—but if your roof is going to last decades, then investing in something that costs more might end up saving money in the long run.
Durability also means that your roof will last longer and therefore save money in the long run by requiring less maintenance and repairs over time; however, this can be tricky because not all roofs are constructed equally, so it’s important that you understand what type of material would be best suited for what types of weather conditions exist in Springfield, MO area before making any final decisions on which materials would work best for
- Material type: There are many different types of Springfield commercial roofing materials, including asphalt shingles, metal panels and tiles, and concrete tiles. The type you choose will depend on your preference, budget, and the durability requirements of your building’s structure.
- Color: Most commercial roofs are black or brown to match the color of asphalt shingles. Metal panels come in a variety of colors, but they’re often painted to match the color of the building. Concrete tiles come in a range of colors and can be textured to make them look like stone or wood shingles.
- Installation method: Some materials require special installation methods due to their weight or size—for example, metal panels must be installed with screws or bolts because they are too heavy for nails alone. Other materials are easier to install than others; concrete tiles can be laid directly onto an existing roof without any preparation work necessary, whereas asphalt shingles need to be primed before installation begins so that they’ll stick properly when applied overtop later on down the road once everything has dried up completely from underneath first (which could take several months).
Most Popular Commercial Roofing Material In Springfield, MO
The most popular type of commercial roofing system in Springfield, MO, depends on the shape of the roof or if you have a low or steeped slope roof. You can then choose between single ply roofing or TPO (Thermoplastic Polyolefin), PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride), EPDM roofing (Ethylene Propylene Diene Monomer), and many more. Each of these types is popular, and you’ll see them on many of our commercial buildings in Springfield.
Difference Between Commercial and Residential Roofs
Commercial roofs are designed to withstand the wear and tear that comes with large buildings and high traffic. These roofs are made of a thicker material than residential roofs, and they have a longer lifespan. Commercial roofs also have different styles and shapes that are easier to clean, repair, and maintain.
Residential roofs are designed to withstand the wear and tear of normal household activity, but they don’t have to hold up against extreme weather conditions or heavy traffic. Residential roofs are usually made of a thinner material than commercial roofs, which makes them more susceptible to damage by snow or ice buildup during winter months. They also tend not to last as long because they are not designed for years of heavy use like commercial ones are.
Choose Us For All Your Commercial Roofing Needs!
We are a company that specializes in all your commercial roofing needs. We have been providing the best services to our customers for many years now and have built a reputation for quality work. Our team of professionals is highly trained and experienced, which means that you can rely on them to get the job done right the first time around.
We have many satisfied customers that we have worked with over the years. You can rest assured knowing that we will do an excellent job for you as well!