One of the most popular specialisations in management education is the MBA in IB, which prepares students for global trade and business careers. The MBA full form of IB is a master of business administration in International Business.
Global companies create a diverse and competitive workforce to establish businesses across borders. Companies wishing to expand their business internationally need professionals who know to deal with international scenarios and concepts. Businesses need advisory, managerial, and business development professionals to develop internationally. As a result, MBA in IB has become popular in India.
Additionally, multinational companies favour candidates with this degree during recruitment, contributing to the popularity of MBAs in IB. The chance to travel or work abroad is another motivator for pursuing a master’s in International Business.
What is an MBA in International Business?
International Business MBA is a two-year postgraduate program focusing on international business management. The core curriculum will likely include finance, accounting, foreign markets, global economics, cross-border relationships, and communication and leadership skills. After completing MBA IB, companies may hire you as a global business manager, export manager, or international business consultant.
Who can Pursue MBA in International Business?
- An MBA in IB is a good option for those eager to learn the difference between international and global business.
- Those who want a job with a stable salary in the country and abroad can enrol on this course.
- Also, this programme is for professionals with two to five years of work experience who want to start or advance their careers in international business or multinational companies.
- The programme prepares you for leadership positions requiring cross-cultural and cross-functional expertise by covering a wide range of business topics from a global perspective.
MBA in International Business Course Overview
The following describes the entire course structure of MBA IB.
- International Business MBA eligibility criteria are the same as the regular MBA.
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognised university in any discipline.
- Entrance exam (like CAT, MAT, GMAT, XAT, CMAT etc.) score for MBA.
- Every institute has its MBA IB admission process and offers admission based on students’ entrance exam scores.
- Some institutes use a three-stage screening process with an entrance exam, GD, and a personal interview.
- According to the institute, students must clear different entrance exams.
MBA in International Business Syllabus
|MBA IB Syllabus – First Year
|MBA IB Syllabus – Second Year
Here is a list of top MBA colleges that offer MBA programme in International Business:
- Oxbridge Business School – Bangalore
- Joseph College – Hyderabad
- Thangavelu Engineering College – Chennai
- Global Institute of Tech and Management – Gurgaon
- Geeta University – Panipat
- Calcutta Institute of Management – Kolkata
- Oxford Business College – Patna
- Monark University – Ahmedabad
- Mangalayatan University – Jabalpur
- Usha Martin University – Ranchi
- Sandip University – Nashik
- Aditya Institute of Management – Pune
Benefits of an MBA in International Business
You can get the following benefits when you study MBA in IB.
- Since International Business administration is popular among international students, you’ll have the opportunity to interact with people from all over the world, even during your studies.
- You can develop essential management skills like decision-making, problem-solving, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.
- You can choose from various careers, including marketing, accounting, corporate finance, consulting, and HR.
- With an international business administration degree, you will be able to analyse global and local business challenges and develop strategies to overcome them.
- In exploring international markets and negotiating with other cultures and countries, you will gain the skills necessary to become a multinational company consultant or manager.
MBA in International Business Job Opportunities
Not only big MNCs but government agencies are also hiring MBA IB graduates. In addition, some graduates work for non-profit organisations that provide research and analytics on global economic patterns. An MBA in international business has diverse scopes, and you can find job roles in top companies.
- Administrative service manager
- Consultant for an international organisation
- Chief executive officer
- Export and import management
- Foreign exchange management
- Export coordinator
- International Finance
- International Marketing
- International Logistics
- Management analyst
- Global Supply Chain Manager
- Working in the Global Tourism Industry
Other job opportunities include global business management, project management, material management, supply management, and investment banking.
MBA in International Business Salary in India
The salary for an IB Executive in India can range from ₹2 lakhs to ₹11.8 lakhs, with an average of ₹4.2 lakh per annum.
|Job Roles||Average Salary|
|International Marketing Manager||₹7.25 lakh per annum|
|Investment Banker||₹9.25 lakh per annum|
|Investment Business Consultant||₹13 lakh per annum|
|Global Business Manager||₹30 lakh per annum|
|International Finance Manager||₹10 lakh per annum|
|Business Development Manager||₹6 lakh per annum|
|Export Manager||₹6 lakh per annum|
Also, the salary depends on the candidate’s level of experience.
|Experience in Years||Average Salary|
|0 to 1||₹7,40,000 – ₹8,60,000 per annum|
|1 to 3||₹10,00,000 – ₹11,50,000 per annum|
|Above 5||₹18,00,000 – ₹24,20,000 per annum|
Top Recruiters of MBA IB
Listed below are the top recruiters of MBA IB graduates.
- McKinsey & Company
- Bain & Company
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Axis Bank
- HDFC Bank
- Citi Bank
- ICICI Bank
Students who choose MBA program with the Sunstone’s benefits will get the exposure to thousands of jobs from top recruiters. It is available at 50+ campuses, and other programmes emphasise developing personal and soft skills to provide a holistic education.
How is MBA different from MBA in International Business?
An MBA in International Business is a specialisation programme, which is not fundamentally different from an MBA. Only the curriculum and the job profiles are different.
Which country is best for MBA in international business?
The following countries are the best to do MBA in IB.
What subjects are included in the MBA in International Business syllabus?
MBA in International Business in India covers topics like International Marketing, Import and export management, Foreign exchange management, International finance and logistics, and Foreign market entry and growth.